Wednesday, February 16, 2011

where do I start?

It's amazing how fast life changes.  We have been going through so many changes in the past year and a half and have been doing it pretty well if you ask me.  We accept what we are handed knowing God has a plan.  There are times that I wasn't certain of what He was doing but you trust and know that God knows the desire of your heart and has plans to prosper us and not to harm us. 

Some of you may know how difficult this past month has been for us.  We are helping our children deal with a lot of different things and sometimes it is not pretty around here, but we are making it.  We have dealt with Mike being out of town over and over again and new schools, new mom, new roles, new rules, new new new.  We have taken it as gracefully as we can though I doubt that we would be given a Gold Medal for any of it.  We are behind on life and just doing what we can to tread water until we get the breaks we need to move forward. We don't give up and we won't give in.

Mike has worked for a company since about the same time we met(about a year and a half now).  They are the top company in his field and though some of their management skills were a bit special he had a wonderful boss and a wonderful office to work in.  He traveled a lot but he also made a ton of contacts and was very well respected in his field.  He got promoted in his time with the company and was even the Sacramento Office Manager along with managing the Sound Installation.  He was doing very well.  They had some special rules when it came to chargability and to promoting himself for jobs and he battled it but was constantly refused the opportunity to grow within the company.  Though frustrating, we were so thankful he had a job and one with such a well known company.

Yesterday morning he got an email from a consultant under him saying she had gotten laid off.  Since he didn't know about it and he oversee's her projects he called me right away on his way to work telling me that he was quite certain he was getting laid off.  I didn't want to believe it, His boss really can't say a bad thing about him.  He has been told time and time again he writes the best reports and is one of just a couple people who can do the modeling and projects that he does.  Well I got the message yesterday afternoon that he was packing up and would be home soon.  They laid him off. I am so thankful that Gene fought for him but it was a fight that couldn't be won.  I have my issues with the whole thing and how I believe a person influenced it but I don't know that for sure and I am trying to let go of that thought. 

We will be getting a whole week and a half of severance.  Whoo... so sweet though we will take anything right now.  They cut off our insurance at 5PM yesterday so we now have no medical, dental or vision insurance.  They will only give us the severance once we return the stocks we own in the company.

Mike wasn't the only one laid off yesterday, there were 5 others  and 15 others that got put on 20 hour furloughs,  my heart goes out to them as well.  I sobbed, literally sobbed half the day yesterday.  I know how much this will affect us if one or both of us isn't able to get a job SOON... but we have to trust God and his plan.  Mike has amazing contacts and we will see--he could have another job today or we may have to wait wait wait... but this I do know-- Nothing in life is certain, and don't take a minute of your day for granted. 

I have prayer at my next door neighbors house in 15 minutes and then I will be doing laundry and applying for more jobs, trying to book 31 parties and just doing what we can to keep our heads above water and our hearts from being squashed.  

Thank you in advance for your prayers and love.  May you know God's love for you and have complete trust in Him.

MLC

No comments:

Post a Comment